The pandemic saw home improvement spending increase as more people stayed home to avoid the virus. Even after the situation improved, industry watchers say spending will continue to increase in 2022.
Whether you plan to sell your home in the future or want to love where you live, there are many benefits to enhancing your home’s aesthetic. Making your home look and feel its best can be a fun project and add value to your property. Not sure where to start? Check out these tips for enhancing your home’s aesthetic.
Start with a Fresh Coat of Paint
A fresh coat of paint can work wonders for your home’s aesthetic. It can make a room feel new and refreshed and is a relatively inexpensive way to improve your home’s appearance. If you’re thinking about painting your home, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Pick the right color. When painting your home, choosing the right color is essential. You want to choose a color that will complement the existing decor of your home, and you want to select a color that will be flattering for the rooms in which it will be used.
- Prep the surface properly. Before painting, you must ensure that the surface is properly prepped. This means removing any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface and ensuring that no existing paint or wallpaper needs to be removed.
- Use the right type of paint. Not all paints are created equal – some are better suited for certain surfaces than others. Make sure you use paint designed for the surface you are painting.
- Apply evenly. One of the biggest mistakes people make when they paint their homes is applying the paint too unevenly. Make sure you apply the paint in even strokes and allow enough time for each coat to dry before using the next one.
- Use painter’s tape for the edges. When painting edges (such as around doors and windows), it’s crucial to use painter’s tape to avoid getting paint on surfaces you don’t want to be painted.
- Let the paint dry completely before moving on to another room. Once you finish painting a room, don’t move on to another room until the paint has dried completely. This will ensure that there are no smudges or streaks on your walls.
If you have no idea the paint to use on your home, you can look for inspiration from the Parade of Homes. The event showcases new and remodeled homes in different parts of the country. These homes provide great ideas for how to enhance your home’s appearance.
Let There Be Light
One of the easiest and most effective ways to enhance your home’s aesthetic is by installing new lighting. Lighting can brighten a space, make it feel more inviting, and even make it look bigger. If your home needs a lighting upgrade, you should keep a few things in mind.
The first thing to consider is the type of light you want. Many different types of lights are available, from recessed downlights to pendant lights. Recessed downlights are an excellent option for spaces with low ceilings, while pendant lights are perfect for creating a focal point in a room.
Once you’ve decided on the type of light you want, you need to decide on the placement. Think about where the light will be most effective and where it will have the most impact. For example, place a pendant light over the center of the space if you want to create a focal point in a room.
Once you’ve decided on the type of light and the placement, it’s time to choose the color of the light. Different colors can create different moods in a room. Warm colors like yellow and orange create a warm and inviting atmosphere. In contrast, cooler colors like blue and green can create a more calming effect.
Once you’ve chosen the type of light, the placement, and the color, it’s time to install it. Installing new lighting is a job that can be done by most people, so don’t worry if you’re not confident with DIY projects. Many online tutorials can show you how to install new lighting in your home.
Bring in Some Plants
One way to enhance the aesthetic of your home is by bringing in some plants. Plants can brighten up a room and make it feel more alive. They also serve as a natural decoration. Choose easy-to-care-for plants, so you can enjoy their beauty without worrying about maintenance. Some good options include ferns, succulents, and orchids.
Whether you are looking to add some greenery to a living room or bring some life to your kitchen, adding plants can be a great way to enhance the aesthetic of your home. Not only do they make your space feel more vibrant and alive, but they can also serve as natural decorations. To get started, choose plants that are easy to care for, such as ferns, succulents, or orchids. Once you have your plants in place, ensure they have the right amount of water and light, and prune them regularly to help keep them looking their best.
There are many ways to enhance your home’s aesthetic. By following these tips, you can love where you live and maybe even add value to your property.